First, double-check that you are available for all three weeks of the program (July 1 to July 20), including Saturdays.
Before you begin, prepare the following:
- Contact information for you and your parent or guardian
- Name and email address of a teacher who knows you well
- A short statement on why you want to study Arabic (25 – 150 words)
- A short statement on your background, interests, and what makes you unique (25 – 150 words)
If you are applying to Arabic Scholars:
- You will be expected to write slightly longer statements (at least 40 words)
- You will have the opportunity to coach beginning Arabic students in learning the Alphabet. This responsibility will require interpersonal skills. Prepare a statement about an experience of facing a challenge while working with other people, and how you overcame this challenge.
Applications to our program are accepted on a rolling basis. You, the student must complete the application yourself, not your teacher, parent or guardian.