The application to the 2019 Arabic Summer Academy is now closed, as the program is under way or completed for this year. Please check again for next year in the spring of 2020.
First, double-check that you are available for all three weeks of the program (July 1 to July 20), including Saturdays.
Before you begin, prepare the following:
- Contact information for you and your parent or guardian
- Name and email address of a teacher who knows you well
- A short statement on why you want to study Arabic (25 – 150 words)
- A short statement on your background, interests, and what makes you unique (25 – 150 words)
If you are applying to Arabic Scholars:
- You will be expected to write slightly longer statements (at least 40 words)
- You will have the opportunity to coach beginning Arabic students in learning the Alphabet. This responsibility will require interpersonal skills. Prepare a statement about an experience of facing a challenge while working with other people, and how you overcame this challenge.
Applications to our program are accepted on a rolling basis. You, the student must complete the application yourself, not your teacher, parent or guardian.